Carpet, Upholstery & Floor Care Services
The maintenance and cleaning of your carpet is one of the easiest and quickest ways to drastically improve the overall appearance of your home or business. We have the experience and equipment to remove dirt, detergent, and moisture without leaving your carpet wet with residue, unlike other professional cleaning equipment. Our experts can assist you with basic carpet cleaning or simply remove your unsightly spots and stains, helping to restore your carpet to its original beauty.
We can also assist in the cleaning of your upholstery and furniture. Our expert technicians use their specialty products, equipment, and methods to safely remove stains from all of your upholstery. We want to make sure your carpets, floors and upholstery are looking there best, and with our specialty cleaning and maintenance programs, they will. Our expert knowledge of the proper care techniques and regimens for a variety of surfaces will insure that your home or facility will be cleaned safely and thoroughly.
Below is a list of some of the reasons to use ServiceMaster:
- Free Carpet, Upholstery, and Floor Cleaning Estimates
- We Guarantee our prices. No hidden charges.
- Experienced. In business since 1962.
- IICRC Certified and trained Supervisors on every job.
- We use green products. Products that are designed and produced with our safety and environment in mind while still providing exceptional cleaning results.
- Powerful Truckmount units used for Residential Cleaning. Part of the process is to pre-spray the cleaner on and then rinse with plain hot water leaving your carpet cleaner and residue free.
- We are not a Janitorial Company. We specialize in the professional heavy duty cleaning services most Janitorial companies don’t provide.
Carpets, Upholstery and Hard Floors | Tips & What not to do!
If you need carpet, upholstery, or floor cleaning, ServiceMaster can help. Call 703-544-7264. In the meantime, here are some ways to prevent damage and maintain them yourself.
ServiceMaster Carpet, Upholstery, and Floor Cleaning
- Vacuum Regularly: Vacuum carpets at least once a week, since 80% of dirt in carpets is loose dirt that should be removed quickly before it becomes absorbed by the fibers and acts like sandpaper to wear fibers down.
- Dust your Floor: Use a damp dust mop once a week to remove fine dirt and sand from hard floors. These small particles get ground in to hard surfaces and can cause damage.
- Respond to Spots Immediately: Spot clean spills on carpet and upholstery as soon as they occur. Once a spill dries it can set and become a permanent stain. Use a soft white cloth with a small amount of mild detergent.
- Wood Floors: To clean polyurethane wood floors use 1 part white vinegar to 9 parts water. It’s a good natural cleaner that will not leave residue. Do not use oil soaps on polyurethane wood floors, they leave a residue that is difficult to remove.
- Ceramic Floors: Some people don’t like us to say this, but we don’t recommend using a grout sealer on ceramic floors. You are putting a softer finish (sealer) on a hard surface (grout). Overtime dirt gets embedded in the softer sealer and will not come out even with professional cleaning. If no sealer is put on the grout, you can remove the dirt from the grout with cleaning.
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning
- Carpet Density: A higher density carpet holds up a lot better to heavy traffic. As you’d expect, it costs more. Since parts of your floor may have more traffic than others, you can be smart on density – many manufacturers offer the same pattern in different densities, so you can put your money where it counts.
- Carpet Backing: If crushing is important, backing makes the difference, since it’s how the carpet transfers weight, like the shocks in your car. Good backing also needs to be able to stand up under chemical treatments and spills, while being resistant to moisture and odors. You can also probably choose whether or not to have the carpet glued directly to the floor or placed on cushion. Cushion adds cost but provides many benefits, from energy and acoustic savings to increased life and appeal.
- Carpet Maintenance: Maintenance is key. Most manufacturers provide guidelines to what kind and how much maintenance is needed. Regular vacuuming is critical, whether the carpet “looks dirty” or not. Unvacuumed particles will lead to ground in stains.
For Professional ServiceMaster Carpet Cleaning service call: 703-544-7264